Call Reliability and Quality
- Fix for missing (black) video streams in certain conditions.
- Improved call setup experience.
- Reduced frozen video issues.
- Numerous other fixes, mitigations, and infrastructure improvements.
Tandem for iOS
Your virtual office—now in your pocket. Tandem for iPhone and iPad allows you to see who's talking on your team and join meetings, rooms, and conversations while on the go.
- See who's around and tap on a teammate to 👋 wave or talk!
- See what rooms or meetings are active, and 👂listen in with a tap.
- Do a 🚶♀️🚶♂️walking 1-on-1 to break up the day.
- Take your meetings on the go.
- View screen share.
- Audio-first experience, but you can also send and receive videos (beta)
Launch Zoom/Meet meetings from Tandem
Now, you can see, join, and launch Meet/Zoom meetings in Tandem.
When a meeting event has a Meet/Zoom (or other service), you can choose to start the meeting in Tandem or launch the conferencing service (admins can set team-wide defaults). Your teammates will see you in the meeting room on Tandem and can join you in Meet/Zoom.
You'll automatically leave the meeting room at the meeting end time, or you can click Leave to remove yourself from the meeting.
While on Meet/Zoom you can switch to Tandem in 1-click (meeting details panel → Switch to Tandem). All the participants will be added to a new Tandem call.
Never be late to a meeting: Meeting Reminders let you auto-join the meeting exactly on time, and will show both a Meet/Zoom button and a Tandem button. To activate, go to Settings > Meetings > Show meeting reminders.
In case you missed it:
- G Suite Add-on to add Tandem meeting links to scheduled events. - Learn more
- Meeting reminders - Never be late to a meeting - Learn more
- Same Physical Room (prevent echo/feedback on hybrid calls) - Learn more
- Notify me when a teammate is free - Learn more
- 📡 Improved Google Calendar syncing
- 🔗 Copying meeting links is now more accessible in and out of calls
- 📆 Browser meetings are now supported in Safari (beta)
- Hovering over teammates listening to Spotify shows cover art (requires Spotify integration)
- Chat supports up to 30MB uploads
- Mighty Browser is supported in Tandem
- In the main app, calls now show profile images instead of a blue circle
- Refreshed images and text in integration settings pages
- Improved in-call More Options menu (three dots).
- Mute everyone now mutes yourself as well.
- Pressing CMD + W during a call will ask you to confirm before leaving
- Added a setting for disabling same room wifi modal
- Added a team admin setting to make meeting titles private
- Starting or joining a crosstalk automatically unmutes you
- Fixed bug where you call someone but they don't show up in your callbox right away
- Fixed unanswered callers not leaving automatically
- Fixed an issue with local time when hovering over a teammate tooltip
- Fixed bug with empty video unit when toggling blur quickly
- Fixed room covers not working properly
- Fixed a few issues when using "Same room" feature (prevent echo and feedback during hybrid in-person / remote calls).
- Fixed various call participant actions (invite participants, make dj, wave from details pane, click on music, call user from chat)
- Fixed stuck members in call box
- Fixed celebration emojis for web calls
- Fixed for load more messages shown in call window
- Fixed layout issues with small call window
- Fixed screenshare overlay still hanging out after call is done
- Fixed the scrollbar showing up sometimes on call window
- Fixed window sizing causing windows to float to front
- Fixed widescreen video streams looking squished